The opening of an outdoor pool is like the unofficial kickoff to summertime. You’re ready to enjoy your weekends in the water. But before doing so, review this straightforward guide for apartment pool safety in Indianapolis. A few sensible precautions will significantly contribute to keeping you and your family out of harm’s way when going to this widely enjoyed apartment amenity.
Top Apartment Pool Safety Tips
Although enjoyable and relaxing, swimming pools do present a potential danger, specially for inexperienced swimmers. To ensure you have a wonderful time, follow these fundamental apartment pool safety tips for Indianapolis.
- Never swim alone: Regardless of whether you’re a accomplished swimmer or new to the water - you should always have another person with you in case of an emergency. Unfortunate events can occur regardless of your age, physical state, or physical fitness.
- Keep an eye on younger kids: If you have small kids, be certain they wear a properly sized life jacket of buoyancy aid. And make sure to watch over your children diligently every moment, even if they’re not in the pool. A small child tottering on the border of a swimming pool is an emergency about to unfold. If your children don’t know how to swim, the summer is an excellent time to enroll in lessons.
- Finish eating before getting in: Your mouth should be empty when entering the swimming pool to keep yourself from gagging. So finish your sandwich and remove your chewing gum before testing out the water.
- Avoid pushing, running, and diving: Pool areas are slippery, and apartment swimming pools are typically not very deep. For these reasons, diving, running, and pushing others should be avoided at all times to prevent injury.
- Avoid holding your breath underwater: We’ve all observed children compete with one another in a contest of who can hold their breath the longest. This is a bad idea for anyone as it can lead to passing out and drowning.
- Be weather smart: Be aware of weather warnings, and if you note thunder or see lighting, don’t disregard it. Get out of the water and stay safe.
- Follow all displayed guidelines: Your apartment community will have rules posted. Adhere to them and make certain your guests do as well. They are designed for your personal protection.
- Keep the glass bottles at home: Select plastic bottles or cans when planning your day at the swimming pool. Glassware and hard pool decks aren’t a good match. Bits of glass from a broken glass container are problematic for bare feet.
There’s no reason why you can’t fellow Residents can savor a fantastic time at your apartment’s swimming pool this summer. Just make sure to keep safety in mind in and around the water.
Looking For An Apartment With A Swimming Pool In Indianapolis?
Get relief from the heat and revel in the fun of an apartment swimming pool in Indianapolis at StoneBridge Luxury Apartment Homes. We are pleased to provide the luxury amenities you’re searching for and a wide range of floor plans to select from. Schedule a tour to find your future home today. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to call 317-743-2959 and speak with a courteous member of our team.