You have a lot to accomplish when you move to a new apartment complex in Indianapolis. Having a handy guide at your side will help things go smoother. It allows you to document all the necessary steps, manage your time, and feel less overwhelmed. To assist in making your future moves less of a burden, we’ve assembled these crucial steps for your apartment moving checklist in Indianapolis.
8 Weeks Before Moving: Get Prepared
Don’t procrastinate! The days leading up to your move will be less stressful the more in advance you begin preparing.
- Get organized. Follow our tips to start your Indianapolis apartment moving checklist and keep adding jobs to it as you think of them.
- Notify your present property management team. Many agreements call for advance notice of usually 30 or 60 days before moving out.
- Check your responsibilities for moving out, such as a final walk-through and proper cleaning. Add those tasks to your checklist.
6 Weeks Before Relocating: Plan Your Moving Day
This is the week to start planning your big day and schedule movers.
- Wrap-up move-in plans with your new Indianapolis apartment community. Establish your move-in date, review the steps you need to take, and submit whatever paperwork is still left.
- Employ a team of professionals or sign up for a rental truck. Make a reservation now so that you get the date you want.
- Arrange childcare or a pet sitter for the day of your move to help keep your little ones and furry friends out of harm’s way.
2-4 Weeks Until Moving Day: Get Packed
Having your things boxed up early will help you feel less rushed as your day approaches. Put everything in one of these classifications: keep, give away, or trash.
- Assemble packing materials and boxes.
- Start boxing up non-essential items and purging unwanted items. Don’t forget to use labels!
- Address any issues that you caused in your prior home to ensure the return of your deposit.
- Revise your renter’s insurance for your new place.
- Submit a change of address form and request the forwarding of your mail by the postal service.
- Line up the transfer of your utilities or start new billing arrangements for gas, electricity, internet, etc.
- Inform services and subscriptions of your change of address.
- Look up where the nearest dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are within your new locale.
1 Week Before Your Move: Tackle Final Details
This week will be a little hectic but thrilling as you make your final preparations.
- Confirm your moving service or truck rental and provide directions for the day of your move.
- Box up your final items. Pack a temporary bag for the first couple days in your new place, and determine a secure manner to store precious items or personal effects like passports to keep in close proximity.
- Sweep up your prior unit when you pack those last few boxes. .
- Pick up your new keys and make a first pass of your new home. List and follow-up on any visible maintenance problems.
- Plan where your furnishings will fit in your newly acquired apartment's layout.
Your Big Day: Stay Organized!
Your day has arrived! It will be hectic, so it’s wise to have your Indianapolis apartment moving checklist nearby to keep yourself organized.
- Drop off pets or kids with caregivers until the job is complete.
- Advise the moving crew as they take boxes on and off the truck. Use your discretion when tipping the team and make your final payment.
- Complete the final pass of your old apartment.
- Ensure you have electricity, gas, and functioning smoke alarms.
- Get the essentials laid out at your new apartment, including bedrooms, eating utensils, and toiletries.
Add A Tour Of StoneBridge Luxury Apartment Homes To Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Indianapolis
You have to find a new home before you begin packing. Have you seen StoneBridge Luxury Apartment Homes? Our Leasing Specialists are here to give you an on-location or virtual tour of our wonderful property and help you find the most suitable floor plan and design for you. Add a guided tour to your list of things to do and dial 317-743-2959 or schedule a tour today to discover your new home.