When it’s spring cleaning season or your Indianapolis apartment simply looks grimy, a thorough cleaning can freshen it up again. It’s not difficult to get overburdened when taking on more than you can handle at one setting. To make cleaning your place more manageable, we’ve came up with an apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis tenants.
Your Indianapolis Apartment Cleaning Checklist For All Spaces
Do these tasks in each area of your apartment before taking on rooms individually to save time. Reference this apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis to keep yourself organized.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Look above you and dust in corners of ceilings.
- Dust door frames and tops of doors.
- Wipe down walls and baseboards.
- Get the dirt and dust off your windows with glass cleaner and a cloth.
- Dust or launder window products like blinds, shades, and curtains.
- Use disinfecting wipes for doorknobs and high-touch areas.
- Vacuum or mop floors and address scuff marks and stains.
- Don’t forget to dust the slats and the light fixture of your ceiling fans.
- Take your trash out.
Cleaning Checklist For The Living Room
Whether you prefer hosting get-togethers or relaxing on your own, keep your living room neat and welcoming with a good cleaning.
- Vacuum and spot-clean furniture. Use a vacuum attachment to remove hair if pets are present.
- Dust all places where dust settles like table tops and entertainment centers.
- Wipe down electronics safely with a microfiber cloth.
- Revive wood pieces by polishing.
- Wipe down and sanitize all remotes.
- Be sure that remotes, coasters, and other needed accessories are located nearby.
Dining Room Cleaning Checklist
Most messes in the dining room are a result of food. For food remnants stuck to a tabletop or floor, put a slightly moistened rag over it for a minute to loosen it up.
- Wipe crumbs from your surfaces and pay attention to stickier areas.
- Wipe off the backs and legs of chairs.
- Polish a wood table or use glass cleaner on a glass-top table.
- Use a feather duster to remove dust from display shelves with glassware or other breakables.
Cleaning Checklist for Apartment Kitchens
Kitchens usually are messy and sticky from all that cooking. You might use store-bought cleaners to remove those greasy stains, but some all-natural options work great too.
- Wipe down cabinets with a cloth dampened with soapy water and follow with a clean damp cloth].
- Wipe off counters with an appropriate product for the type of counter you have or simply use white vinegar.
- Clean your kitchen sink with a solution consisting of water and baking soda. A little baking soda sprinked down the disposal will help in eliminating foul odors. Follow it with water once it’s left for 10 minutes or so.
- Run the dishwasher with a shallow food storage container of vinegar in the top rack. Then wipe out the unit with a clean rag.
- Get a cup of water boiling in the microwave to let the dampened air loosen up burned-on food debris. Wipe out with a dampened cloth or sponge.
- Wash stovetop components in your sink. Spray the oven door and stove with a store-bought cleaning solution or equal parts water and white vinegar and use a little elbow grease.
- Follow your oven’s self-cleaning instructions or simply use the mix of baking soda and water to wash it out.
- Use a a little dish soap or vinegar and water to take care of the fridge inside and out; wipe off any residue with a wet rag. Once done, move the fridge and sweep the floor underneath.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Bathroom
If you hate dealing with dirty bathrooms, complete these quick chores every day so your bathroom doesn’t get too dirty.
- Wide down your mirror above the sink with an appropriate cleaning product and a soft cloth.
- Clean countertops with an all-purpose cleaner or use a water and vinegar mix on a cloth.
- Wash off cabinetry with a mild liquid soap and follow with a damp cloth.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Wipe off the exterior surfaces of the toilet with your choice of vinegar or disinfectant.
- Tackle the shower and bathtub with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Indianapolis
You’ll sleep better in a dust-free and uncluttered bedroom!
- Clean up or readjust your closet.
- Dust flat surfaces, lamps, and knick-knacks.
- Routinely wash the bed sheets and comforter if needed.
- Collect your dirty clothes from the floor and place them in the wash or a hamper.
- Use a broom to dust under the bed.
Choose A Spacious Apartment At StoneBridge Luxury Apartment Homes
A tidy and neat place to live is great, but in some instances you might want a new apartment instead. You should consider the roomy, well-appointed apartments at StoneBridge. Contact our leasing agents at 317-743-2959 or request a tour to view your options.