You’ve decided that you wish to rent in Indianapolis, but will you go with a house or an apartment? Either option gives you a place to call home, but apart from that, they may differ quite dramatically. When picking between renting a house vs. renting an apartment in Indianapolis, compare the pros and cons of both before choosing.
The Benefits And Disadvantages Of Renting A House In Indianapolis
Renting a house in Indianapolis is appealing to those who want more room and privacy. However, renting a house frequently comes with more responsibilities.
- Ample room: The bulk of houses are bigger than typical apartments. If you need a wealth of space for family members, furry friends, or your belongings, a house will probably have the spacious interior you require.
- An abundance of room outside: In addition to more living space, houses frequently have yards for active little ones or four-legged companions. Apartments have outdoor common areas, and possibly a dog park, but usually not much private outdoor space.
- More privacy: Tired of the noise coming from your neighbors? If you choose a house, you won’t need to worry about sharing walls with other tenants which allows you to hear each other.
- Higher costs: Because they’re more spacious, it usually costs more to rent a house vs. an apartment in Indianapolis. Plus, utilities for a house cost more, and you may need to hire a company to mow if you’re unable to do it yourself.
- More maintenance responsibilities: Many rental home leases stipulate that you must help maintain the grounds. If you despise manual labor, renting a house may not work for you.
The Pros And Cons Of Renting An Apartment
Renting an apartment comes with lots of conveniences and amenities. Many individuals appreciate the effortlessness of renting an apartment if they aren’t in need of the additional square footage and privacy often found in a house.
- Maintenance handled for you: When renting an apartment, a maintenance team handles all upkeep and contracts a landscaping company to care for the grounds.
- Fun amenities: Most apartment communities have a range of features that improve your life, like a pool, fitness center, or dog park. It’s wonderful to have these extra bonuses in your own backyard with no additional fee.
- More options to select from: If you are looking to rent, you’ll have less of a challenge finding an apartment as opposed to a house. This is particularly so if you need to move quickly.
- More affordable: If you’re dealing with limited finances, there’s a greater likelihood that you’ll locate an apartment in your price range. It’s also less expensive to heat and cool an apartment than a house, and you don’t have other costs such as a lawn service.
- Lower amount of privacy: In an apartment, you have just a wall separating you and your neighbors. If you prefer not to be disturbed by other people living so closely, think twice about going with apartment life.
- Less square footage: You can find spacious apartments in Indianapolis, but the abundance of apartments have less living and storage space than a house.
Discover The Ultimate In Apartment Living At StoneBridge Luxury Apartment Homes
If you want a rental with all the benefits of an apartment lifestyle, consult with StoneBridge. Our spacious units and top-end amenities will immediately make you feel at home. Schedule a tour or place a call to 317-743-2959, and we’ll help you choose the perfect apartment for you.