How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Indianapolis
Remote work is the new normal for many professionals, no matter if you live in a house or a studio apartment. If you reside in the latter, you won’t enjoy the advantage of an additional bedroom to claim as your home office, but you can still fashion a worthy work area. Review these straightforward suggestions and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Indianapolis.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Indianapolis
- Select an appropriate desk. Choosing an appropriately sized desk to match your space is important. If you use a laptop, the desk only needs to extend from the wall approximately 20 inches. Your worktop ought to be about 28 inches above the floor and can be any width that works for your space. Make sure you have area for an additional monitor. You'll be happy you have it when you have PDFs up, a conference call going, and ten other windows open. Really short on square footage? Consider a two-tier foldable desk you can hide away when it’s not in use.
- Where to set up the desk? If you can tuck your desk neatly into a corner, wonderful! But you might have to get more creative when arranging. A slim desk can be placed directly behind a couch. You could integrate a small area rug and table lamp to designate the space as your office. An empty wall in your room will also do nicely. Place some artwork or incorporate a plant or two so you aren’t looking at a blank wall throughout the day.
- Let your desk play multiple roles. If you’re limited on space, utilize your desk for more than one function. Move it beside your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or don’t use a desk at all and work from your kitchen bar or dining room table.
- Use floating shelves. These home office add-ons work great when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have extra area for decor or supplies and can easily match shelving to your room’s specific aesthetic.
Would You Like Something Different? Consider Your Property’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in an alternative in your own space? Implement a compact standing desk to change your perspective and improve circulation. A reasonably priced foldable laptop stand may help get your computer at the right height.
Here are a handful of additional space-saving ideas you can implement in your small apartment home office in Indianapolis:
- Folders that attach to the wall
- Small printer stand that will fit below the table
- Small storage compartments you can fasten to the bottom of your monitor
- Noise-limiting headphones for loud kids and roommates
Design Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At StoneBridge Luxury Apartment Homes
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at StoneBridge Luxury Apartment Homes. We have many different available floor plans to accommodate your remote workspace needs. Request a tour of our Indianapolis community or give us a call at 317-743-2959 if you want additional information.